This stunning bike has been built around an immaculate and lightly used frameset which came to us with damaged forks. The forks have been replaced.
We have fitted the bike with mostly brand new parts of very high quality. Pretty much only the wheels and brake calipers are not brand new but they are in excellent condition with no noticeable wear to the braking surface of the wheels, no play or buclking and super smooth bearings. The brake calipers are also in excellent condition and were possibly unused prior to fitting on this bike.
- NEW Campagnolo Potenza levers
- NEW Campagnolo Potenza 52/36 crankset
- NEW Campagnolo Potenza rear derailleur
- NEW Campagnolo Potenza front derailleur
- NEW Campagnolo Potenza 11-29 cassette
- NEW Campagnolo bottom bracket
- NEW Campagnolo headset
- NEW KMC 11 speed chain
- NEW Deda Zero1 handlebars
- NEW Selle Italia X1 saddle
- NEW Reparto Corse 100mm stem
- NEW Continental Grand Prix 700cx25 tyres
- NEW Campagnolo cables throughout
- NEW bottle cages
- As new Reparto Corse brake calipers
- As new Elita One Super Light carbon aero seatpost
- Very good Campagnolo Khamsin wheelset
- Will be fitted with brand new black gel cork bar tape
- 52cm seat tube, from centre of bottom bracket to top of tube.
N.B. slightly sloping top tube.
- 52cm Top Tube centre to centre
- 78/79cm Stand Over height
- 42cm handlebar width (c to c)
- 170cm crank arm length
- Steerer has not been cut down so bar height can be adjusted to suit the new owner
I have taken the bike out for two 15 mile ‘shakedown’ rides to make sure everything is set up as it should be. It rides perfectly and is very responsive and a superb climbing bike due to its very light weight. It is a little small for me otherwise I think there’s a good chance I’d be keeping it.
The green bar tape in the pictures will be replaced with black for the new owner.
Suppied without pedals.
The T700 3K monocoque carbon fibre frame used for the Astra is treated with anti-UV resin, which also protects the bike from superficial scratches that could damage the fibres. The frame then receives three coats of high quality paint.
The front and rear triangle tubes are shaped to resemble a four-leafed clover, adding to the strength of the frame and improving handling. Strength is also added by using oversized chainstays for optimum power transfer during the pedal stroke.
The Astra also features a 1 1/5” headset that’s designed to improve power as well as reduce stress on the headtube.
The frame only was around £1,500 when new. Add the cost of a Potenza groupset (£600+), wheels and tyres (£250), saddle, bars, bar tape and so on and you can see what a bargain this bike could be.
Payment and delivery
Cash on collection from West Malling Cycles in Kent is preferred if possible. This item is listed as collection only. I could deliver but I’m always nervous of packing and sending bikes which are in original and immaculate condition by courier in case they get damaged. If you would like it delivered it will be packed very carefully to minimise this risk but please be aware of the potential for damage. Please ask for a quote for carefully wrapping and protecting the bike before sending fully insured via a reliable bike courier. It wil be at least £50.
No PayPal please. Cash or Bank Transfer.